Lottery Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
BOM Online Lottery
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this lottery is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this lottery, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this lottery, a game of chance.
Who can enter
- Subject to clause 5 and 6, entry is open to all residents of Australia who have fulfilled the requirements set out below (‘Eligible Entrants’).
- Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, Productions and associated agencies, contractors, sole traders and companies are not eligible to enter this lottery. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin. The Promoter is The Book of Mormon, Princess Theatre, 163 Spring Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 (‘Promoter’).
- Any entrant who is under the age of 18, as of the date of entry, must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian may be called to verify their consent and may be required to sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter. The release may also require the entrant’s parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the entrant. The release must be completed with the full name, address and telephone number of the entrant’s parent or guardian. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases will immediately invalidate the entrant’s entitlement to any prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
How to enter
- Eligible Entrants may enter this lottery by submitting their details on the website’s online lottery page: http://www.bookofmormonmusical.com.au/BOMLotteryAU/.
- Eligible Entrants can select one matinee performance and one evening performance in the following week’s performance schedule but must be available to attend all performances chosen.
When to enter
- The lottery commences at 12.00pm on Wednesday 26th July 2017 and closes at 11.59am the following day (Thursday) for each week’s draw. The lottery will continue to run each week until further notice (‘Promotional Period’).
- The ‘Promoter’ company will select the winners by random draw at 4.00pm each Thursday of the Promotional Period. The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the entrants chosen as winners cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The winners will be notified by email and/or phone by 11.59pm on the Saturday after the draw for performances the following week.
- Winning tickets must be paid for by 12pm on the Monday following the draw. The Book of Mormon Lottery will forward an online link to the winners to purchase their tickets online, in the winner’s notification email. If the winning tickets have not been paid for by the designated cut off time, we reserve the right to release the seats for general sale.
- All winning tickets will be held for collection at the box office and will not be sent out in advance.
- A valid photo ID will be required when collecting tickets from the box office.
- Tickets are non-transferable, non-refundable and are subject to availability.
Number of Entries permitted
- One unique entry per person is permitted per week. Multiple performances may be selected in the weekly lottery but each entrant is only eligible to win one pair of tickets (priced at $40 each) per draw. A handling Fee of $8.75 per transaction applies.
- Entries are only valid for the week of entry and will not roll over.
Tickets on offer
- There will be 8 winners per week (1 per performance):
|Number of winners||Tickets|
|8 per week||The opportunity to purchase 2x tickets to The Book of Mormon for $40 each. A handling Fee of $8.75 per transaction applies.|
- The Promoter reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of lottery seats offered in any given week as its discretion.
- Winners may purchase additional seats at full price subject to availability. There is no guarantee that additional seats will be available at any price nor that additional seats will be adjacent to lottery seats.
- If the Promoter is unable to contact a winner to claim fulfillment of the promotional prize, that winner will forfeit the prize and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Unless expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions all other expenses are the responsibility of the winner (and their companion) including but not limited to current passports, visas, meals, spending money, transport to and from departure and arrival points, transfers, drinks, incidentals, mini-bar, laundry, room service, telephone calls, activities, gratuities, services charges, travel insurance, pre and post accommodation, optional activities or excursions and all other ancillary costs.
- All winners are advised that the allocated classification guidelines for each film, event, movie and video game must be adhered to as per usual standards set out by the Classification Board and associated domestic legislation.
Further Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Facebook membership and the use of Facebook generally are subject to the Facebook prevailing terms and conditions of use available at www.facebook.com. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Entrants are solely responsible and liable for the content of their entries and any other information they transmit to other internet users via Facebook. To the extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and forever hold harmless, Facebook and its associated agencies and companies, against any and all losses, actions, claims, costs, expenses and damages (of any nature) which may be incurred by an entrant in respect of the entrant’s participation in the promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this lottery cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the promotion at any time and without notice. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this lottery.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable or responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail, email, SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the lottery or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this lottery.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request that the winner sign a winner’s deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the lottery is final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, misdirected or incorrectly completed entries. Prizes are subject to availability and are not transferable or exchangeable.
Copyright, Privacy, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- In accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the lottery, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winner agrees to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the lottery and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.